German Content Translator
Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes over 400 independent fashion boutiques across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, LA, Porto, Lisbon, Guimaraes, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our new luxury office space is set in the heart of the digital district in London. We offer ‘brilliant benefits’, free fruit, free breakfasts, wine time Friday and a chance to work with an inspirational and high performing team.
ENCOURAGED. SUPPORTED. INSPIRED. YOU’LL FEEL ALL OF THESE THINGS AT FARFETCH. WE’RE CREATING A GLOBAL SUCCESS STORY BY GIVING TALENTED PEOPLE THE FREEDOM TO EXPRESS THEIR INDIVIDUALITY. AND YOU’LL BE NO EXCEPTION.
In Production, you’ll be part of a creative family who work closely together to get the job done. There’s a real focus on continuous improvement here, so you’ll be encouraged to make the very most of your talents. We’ll also support and value your ideas.
Our UK Production team focuses on the content and copy that supports each product image on our website, ensuring that all of our products are described in an innovative, appealing & informative manner. Keeping within our brand guidelines and luxury tone of voice, you will play a key role in ensuring our customers know every last detail about our products before purchasing.
From detailed information on the compositions for each product, to supporting the Editorial team with any translations; you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. We have a translation team for each language site so we want people with a real international mindset and good cultural awareness.
FOR THE MOST CREATIVE THINKERS IN FASHION.
You will join a progressive and innovative Content Production team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. You’ll focus on creating ‘revolutionary’ content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with localizing and translating content for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be required to create well-written, succinct and accurate translations to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site.
You will have some experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within a translation role, but a creative copywriter or a linguistics graduate with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What You’ll do:
- Translating product descriptions from English into German
- Translating content for the German website
- Owning copy for particular brands and categories
- Tracking and correcting defects of product descriptions and other localized content
Who You Are:
- Fluency in German
- English-German translation experience
- Interest in beauty & make up with ideally some translation experience with beauty products
- Knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- Good writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- Understanding of garment and accessory construction
- Ability to work to clear deadlines but also to work independently
- Ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets
- Excellent writing skills
Non-essential but desirable
- Comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
- Experience with working in localization projects for e-commerce website, preferably luxury fashion retail
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships