Head of Office Services
Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes over 400 independent fashion boutiques across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, LA, Porto, Lisbon, Guimaraes, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our new luxury office space is set in the heart of the digital district in London. We offer ‘brilliant benefits’, free fruit, free breakfasts, wine time Friday and a chance to work with an inspirational and high performing team.
With over 1,200 employees to take care of across our 10 global offices, it is fair to say our Office Operations teams are the real superstars in ensuring we have an inspiring and comfortable environment to work in every day. Our UK team currently consists of PA/Executive Support, Office Services & IT, we’re always looking for new talent to be part of our global success story.
A rapidly growing, and increasingly important department, our Office Operations Team provide crucial support across the business every day. Their goal is to raise the bar in terms of the support that’s provided making everyone’s life at Farfetch more efficient and effective, with an approachable, smiling and pleasant demeanor.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and develop all aspects of the Office Operations department including but not restricted to resource allocation and team development
- Manage and control the Office Operations budget in line with company initiatives
- Work closely with HR and other business divisions to strategically manage space planning
- Lead the UK Health & Safety initiatives and maintain and update the UK Health & Safety policy
- Manage procurement, negotiation and management of 3rd party contracts and relationships with service providers, consultancy support and works contracts
- Liaise directly with the estate management and landlord on any building related issues
- Oversee the UK IT and PA functions. Develop and implement KPI’s
- Work with Global IT to develop, promote and encourage best practice including security of data, network access and backup system
- Identify problematic areas within IT, suggest and implement strategic solutions
- Ensure the building operations runs smoothly at all times ensuring the highest of standards.
- Provide a high quality experience to all staff, clients and guests to the London office
- Devise and implement policies for continuous improvement and develop, present and implement new ideas to improve the service offered
- Display a pragmatic and approachable approach to problem solving
- Be able to communicate and influence at all levels
You will have:
- In depth Office Management experience as part of a Leadership team
- IOSH or other relevant H&S qualification
- A broad understanding of IT services, including systems, server architecture and new technologies
- Experience in construction and office fit-out
- Understanding of Mechanical and Engineering
- Experience of working in agile and changing work culture
- Tenacity with a smile
- Strong People Management skills
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships