Merchandiser - Sports and Fitness
Job Description and summary:
We are now recruiting for a Sports & Fitness Merchandiser for our bricks & mortar and online retail offer. The product range will cover high-profile international brands, working across a variety of disciplines including running, swimming and cycling.
Main Role Responsibilities:
- Responsible for yearly & seasonal budget planning.
- Responsible for overall margin and Gross Profit %.
- Plan & track the OTB ‘Open to Buy’ by product category and by brand.
- Together with the Buying team, range plan the product assortment by basic, core and seasonal lines across both the ‘bricks & mortar’ and online channels.
- Sales analysis and the preparation of weekly, monthly and seasonal reports.
- Analysis of best and worst sellers, including styles, sizes, colours and price points to maximise sales potential.
- Stock analysis; monitor ROS (Rate of Sale), week’s cover and terminal stock.
- Propose repeat orders for best-selling and continuity lines.
- Creation of size scales & the sizing of Purchase Orders.
- Planning and budgeting of Markdowns & Promotions.
- Updating and maintaining the delivery schedule to ensure delivery of the ‘right product at the right time’. Negotiate penalties for late delivery.
- Ensure that all cost price and discount amendments are processed.
- Stock allocation between channels.
- Assist in setting store profiles & grades.
- Assist in the preparation of internal meetings and brand appointments.
- Build strong relationships and work collaboratively with the Buying team to complete key tasks.
- Liaise & build relationships with the Marketing, Finance and Store teams.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience at Junior Merchandiser / Merchandiser level in a similar role.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload with proven administrative ability.
- Excellent problem solver and decision maker – always focusing on solutions.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A self-motivator who is enthusiastic and keen to progress and develop.
- Active team player who constantly contributes and supports other members.
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and generic stock-order management and reporting suites with an emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Previous experience with Profit & Loss reporting, costings for new store set-ups, etc
- Previous experience in working in the Sports and Fitness industry.
- An interest in sports and the sportswear sector.
We are now recruiting for a Sports & Fitness Merchandiser for our bricks & mortar and online.
Send your applications via email.