This multichannel, multi-product ladieswear fashion retailer is looking for an Experienced/Senior Garment Technologist to cover a maternity leave contract of between 9 and 12 months (tbc). I am ideally looking for a hands-on Garment Tech from a womenswear fashion background and a passion for producing beautiful garments. Successful candidate will attend in-house fit sessions with Designers and accurately record comments. Furthermore they will ensure that throughout the sampling process all comments are efficiently passed back to the supplier in a clear and concise manner. Role will involve working directly with offshore offices and suppliers.
Garment Technologist – The Role:
- Conducting daily fit sessions with the design team where comments are made ready to send to various factories
- Produce size specifications at each stage throughout sampling
- Work with overseas factories keeping a good relationship with the suppliers
- When required communicate with the onsite warehouse with regards to specific processing requirements
- Carry out fabric testing for care label approvals
- Managing the critical path and high-lighting potential issues in a timely way
Garment Technologist - The Person:
- Experienced Garment Technologist, ideally with 5+ years’ experience
- Looking for someone with solid experience within womenswear fashion
- Excellent organisational skills
- Computer literate including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for