Fabric Technologist is required to join one of the leading suppliers of soft furnishing products across the UK and Europe. This role needs to take full ownership and responsibility for all technical aspects of the business.
Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Director, It will be pivotal for the Fabric Technologist to establish responsibility for and maintain tight controls of all aspects of the Fabric Development Process, Specifications and ongoing Quality Assurance & Control systems.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level, preferably in textiles (although not essential) or have worked in a similar role for a minimum of 3 years. This role requires a diverse range of knowledge including weaving, finishing, dying, FR treatments / testing and coating. Therefore an understanding of fabric testing is paramount. The company’s range of fabrics are diverse from soft furnishing for retail and contract applications to medical, industrial and bedding applications.
Key Role Requirements:
- Play an integral part of the product development process advising the business on how product can meet the necessary technical standards including Flame Retardancy requirements for worldwide markets
- Taking full ownership of managing internal and external quality issues, liaising with suppliers and ensuring relevant procedures and changes are put in place to prevent re-occurrences of the problem
- Agreeing full technical specifications with suppliers and ensuring the relevant libraries are maintained for all elements of the product
- Full responsibility for the testing of all fabrics including existing and new products ensuring the company is conforming to all the relevant legal requirements including Flame Retardancy, Oeko Tex, REACH and any other such standards that exist. This will include ensuring all test certificates are valid and are renewed when required
- Responsibility for the budgeting for all aspects of this role including testing and the monitoring of this on an on-going basis
- Implementation and maintenance of quality and technical procedures
The individual must also possess a good eye for detail and be able to work as part of a team.
The Key Individual:
- Will have a passion for textiles
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- An understanding of International Fire Retardant Standards would be highly desirable
- Exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experienced in the testing procedures of soft fabrics
- Some knowledge of weaving, dying, printing, coating and finishing would very beneficial
- Be willing to go the extra mile
- All levels of experience will be considered
What we offer in return:
- Company Pension Scheme (after qualifying period)
- 25 Days Annual Leave plus Statutory Bank Holidays
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Free onsite parking
To apply for this role please forward your CV with covering letter.