Assistant Wholesale Merchandiser
The position is a 1 year Maternity cover (potential to become a Full time permanent position).
Please see below brief, of what we’re looking for in the candidate:
· Minimum experience of 2 years working within Wholesale merchandising.
· Menswear background preferable – but would be open to seeing candidates with Ladieswear experience.
· Knowledge of dealing with Fabric and trim suppliers in Far East.
· Experience of working closely with Far East Factories (our production is China and Cambodia)
· Will have worked with High Street Retailers (our customers include – Burtons, River Island, House of Fraser, Debenhams).
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Well organised and used to working to deadlines
· Good all round Skills in IT and Microsoft office (we use ERP and PLM packages)
· Following thorough customer orders from placement to delivery – both Landed and FOB.
· Placing orders with Far East Factories
· Monitoring Critical path to ensure on time customer deliveries.
· All aspects of Fabric and trim approvals, fabric testing and labdips.
· Working on customer computer systems as required
· Ordering customer labels and packaging