Ethical Sourcing Manager
This unique opportunity seeks an experienced Ethical Sourcing Manager to join a growing mens & ladies casualwear business, which can be based either from London or the East Midlands.
This business is commercially focussed, and requires someone with a strong understanding of the demands of fast fashion production supply and demand, to bring their knowledge and leadership qualities to the post.
A genuine interest in vintage /garment customisation, fabric reinvention and recycling would be advantageous.
Ethical Sourcing Manager – The Job
- Your role will be to establish, grow and manage reliable Leicester/UK and Offshore based sourcing programmes required by core customers.
- To continually search for new suppliers and opportunities to deliver margin targets, in line with ethical sourcing responsibly, strategic business plans, and to increase profit.
- Establish and oversee a programme of audit compliance within supply base. Offering guidance and adherence to ethical audit requirements. Regular performance monitoring, review and action planning in partnership with factories.
- To lead offshore and Leicester based price setting and negotiation, ensuring targets met and savings made.
- Working in conjunction with Production Manager and Commercial Team, responsible for ensuring production team work with WIP reporting, problem solving and lead appraisal of supplier capabilities. Taking ownership for critical path and on time and accurate delivery.
- Establish onsite pre/in production and post shipment quality checks.
- To manage and motivate a support team as the business expands.
- Management reporting and to contribute to continuous business improvement strategy including product development and production software
Ethical Sourcing Manager – The Person Specification
- Previous experience within a similar sourcing or production led role (min. 5years) , and to have worked for a large garment supplier to the UK high street.
- In-depth understanding of offshore/UK garment manufacturing, fabric and trim supply
- Exceptional negotiation skills and expertise in garment/trim costing from a UK/European/Worldwide market
- Proven in establishing factory compliance, evaluation and ethical audit management systems
- Highly organised, confident management reporting (Microsoft Office)
- Strong team building, relationship and management skills
- Ability to prioritise clearly and efficiently, establish procedures and to achieve results
- Flexible approach
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.