Assistant Merchandiser - TOPSHOP
Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Merchandiser to join the team and are looking to hear from candidates operating at Assistant Merchandiser with a clothing background.
You will assist the Merchandiser in planning and forecasting and manage intake and distribution on your team and provide support in planning and trading a department. You will assist in the day to day running with an aim to deliver a range that optimises sales, stock and profit. This is achieved by working across the buying and merchandising functions and managing your supply base effectively. You will help to manage your MAA(s), providing guidance and support for their development whilst delegating appropriate work to assist their progression.
As an AM you will be in contact with multiple areas of the business and will liaise effectively across these functions such as Branch Merch, International, Logistics, Online, Planning, USA, VM, and Wholesale to deliver successful seasons.
• Working alongside the Merchandiser in monitoring department sales and identifying opportunities for future growth
• Assisting the Merchandiser with seasonal planning and range building
• Trading the department to meet and exceed sales targets and identifying and managing potential risk
• Managing stock, delivery and the supply chain
• Gathering and analysing data on range performance
• Keeping up to date with the competition in order to make commercially informed decisions
• Supporting your line manager to build an effective and motivated team environment
• Monitor dept sales performance and identify both risk and opportunity through appropriate analysis and customer/dept knowledge. This can stem from line print work, long term planning or ad hoc sales.
• Reviewing trade on a Monday by analysing line print and other ad hoc reports to prepare and feed into weekly dept trade meetings. In turn, this will impact weekly allocation and intake strategy.
• Assisting your MAA on allocation strategy, intake and stock management through your clear understanding of forecasting and the allocation system.
• Building relationships with both landed and FOB suppliers. This will include reacting to current trade and managing their expectations with regards to the flow of stock into the business.
• Support the creation and management of sales and option plans (BOB) using knowledge of dept specific space planning. Continually review this in season with the help of ad hoc analysis to spot risk or opportunity.
• Assist in planning and forecasting at category level and trade in season by flagging risk and opportunity and reviewing OTB and managing stocks accordingly.
• Works alongside AB to improve product understanding and using this knowledge to highlight risk or opportunity to Merchandiser. Senior AMs will often manage an area within a dept which they will plan, buy and trade with the AB and the support of the Buyer and Merch.
• Updating mega/line detail and using it as a reference tool to trade the dept.
• Undertake store visits and competition shops to improve product knowledge and understanding of factors that will improve/hinder trade. Work alongside BM and VM to suggest ways to improve performance.
• Aware of factors that affect margin and profit and able to suggest ways to drive this with supplier and store initiatives. Link in with in promotional activity and use of PCM as a means of achieving this.
• Proactive in attending relevant training at both brand and group level.
• Forecasting for Finance by completing tasks such as margin rolls, commitment monitor, supplier rolls, and colour rolls
• Be driven, motivated and ambitious
• Be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Have excellent interpersonal/presenting skills
• Be able to demonstrate strong numerical and analytical ability
• Have good problem solving skills
• Be able to work effectively as part of a team
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.
Apply for Assistant Merchandiser - TOPSHOP
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly