Product Development Manager
Our client is an Accessory brand with proud roots who continue to keep its core ethos of value for money, quality in construction and fashion forward design. Each season, they are committed to innovate on trend, new and exciting products as a leading international fashion and accessories brand. They are looking for Product Development Manager for a 12-month period to cover maternity leave. However with this growing company there maybe an opportunity to extend to a permanent position at the end of the contract. The role will be responsible for the creation, development and implementation of their accessories range
Product Development Manager - The Role:
- Creation of the Critical Path each season from new style development through to Salesman sample delivery.
- Researching accessory and print trends for the forthcoming season.
- Briefing our print designers and ensuring they adhere to our critical path deadlines.
- Reporting to the Commercial Director on all aspects of design and development.
- Developing new and existing product categories from concept through to Salesman samples.
- Communicating daily with the Merchandising team in the Far East.
- Negotiating all prices and managing the business Costing Model.
- Managing the handover between Design and Production after Sales Launch.
- Carrying out competitive shop analysis each season to ensure you have a competent understanding of consumers and local markets.
- Regularly travelling to the Far East to source new fabrics, visit manufacturers and using face-to face meetings to build relationships and discuss new ideas and concepts.
- Generating CAD line sheets of each product category for both manufacturer and business use.
- Working closely with the Graphic designer to develop packaging.
- Be responsible for all product testing and QC to ensure we continue to make high quality, durable products as well as adhering to industry standards.
Product Development Manager - The Candidate:
- Needs to have solid communication skills.
- Be able to self-motivate and proactively motivate other team members.
- Must have the ability to multi task and perform under pressure.
- Needs to be flexible and dependable.
- Must have a creative flair and be able to use Adobe Illustrator and Photopshop.
- Must be experienced with Accessory Products
Product Development Manager - - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.