Style Group Brands – Classic British Style Redefined
As the largest concession-based womenswear retailer in the UK we have a rich heritage of elegantly dressing women. Based in vibrant Shoreditch, our portfolio of brands includes Jacques Vert, Precis Petite, Eastex, Dash and Windsmoor.
Assistant Buyer – Jacques Vert
The Jacques Vert brand oozes impeccable style, beautifully designed quality products, and has done for nearly 30 years. Now could not be a more exciting time to join as the brand continues its ever evolving journey into women’s occasion wear, whilst expanding the range to include a more varied, versatile “day to evening” side to the brand.
Due to the success of the brand over the past few years, the store base is also increasing, with expansion both in the UK and internationally, providing a huge opportunity for the successful candidate.
We’re currently seeking an Assistant Buyer to work alongside the Buyer and Head of Brand to deliver the strongest possible trading performance. As part of their daily role the Assistant Buyer will:
- have responsibility for the day to day management and development of a Buying Assistant
- oversee the management of the Critical Path, addressing any challenges with the Buyer and Merchandiser in a timely manner
- lead fit sessions in the absence of the Buyer
- work collaboratively with the Assistant Merchandiser to review performance and develop ideas for improvement
- work cross-functionally with the wider team; Merchandising, Design and Technical
- take ownership of the OTB %age of specific categories, developing buy strategies to ensure on time fill
- feeds into team lessons learnt meetings in the form of comp shops, focus groups, store visits and compilation of buddy feedback to input into the strategy
- feeds into supplier strategy with an informed view of strengths and weaknesses of current supply, identifying needs for new ways of working or new suppliers
Our Perfect Candidate
The successful candidate will be working on our most successful and complex brand that also has the potential to grow even further, so will already be working as a high-performing Assistant Buyer who is looking to broaden their remit. The Jacques Vert team are exceptionally passionate about the brand, because they love what they do - it’s important that the you will share this passion and enthusiasm too. Our ideal candidate will also:
- have been working as an Assistant Buyer with a fashion retailer for at least one year
- be commercially aware with a solid understanding of the buying process
- be highly proactive and confident in own ability
- be conversant with fabric testing as well as fitting and sealing
- demonstrate initiative, problem solving and negotiation skills and have ability to build and develop effective relationships
- have the capability to work in a fast paced, high pressured environment
- be a driven individual, who is looking to make a difference
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive salary
- 50% discount for you and close family members!
- 25 days holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays
- A lovely, informal working environment in the heart of uber-fashionable Shoreditch
The Small Print!
We’d love to respond individually to everyone who expresses an interest in joining us; unfortunately, due to the anticipated volume of applicants we are only able to respond to those we wish to meet at interview. If you haven’t heard from us within 15 working days, it is likely that we are unable to progress your application any further at this point. Please do watch out for any similar vacancies we may advertise in the future.