EMA Textiles, based on the edge of Shoreditch and the City of London is a large specialist babywear and childrenswear importer. We have been established for 60 years and successfully supply many high street retailers with a full range of products. Our aim is to provide a comprehensive service ranging from design to delivery.
We seek an experienced Garment Technologist to manage the retail accounts from development onwards, working closely with the customers and oversees factories. Childrenswear experience is essential with knowledge of current safety legislation.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:-
- Reporting to the Technical Manager and working along side the Account Managers
- Risk assessment of all confirmed orders
- Managing the fit process and organising regular fit meetings with the customers
- Maintaining and updating accurate customer records
- Working closely with the factories ensuring accurate and concise comments are communicated and followed through
- Test report analysis and submission to customers and understanding fabric performance requirements
- Managing critical path to ensure lead times are maintained
- Analysis of inspection reports prior to shipment release
- Follow up of AQL and customer return issues
- Some overseas travel may be required
The candidate will have:-
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role within a retail or supplier environment
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Clothing Technology
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook
- Good communication skills and an approachable and friendly manner
- Motivation skills, using own initiative and be self driven
- Organisation skills and be innovative with a proactive approach to problem solving.