Buyer/Senior Buyer- Topshop- Bags
A BIT ABOUT TOPSHOP
Topshop is a mecca for cool girls and the electric British style is known all over the world. Over 300 stores are currently operating in the UK and we also ship to over 100 other countries - the world really is our oyster! The Oxford Circus flagship - a fashion setter our customer cannot resist - spreads its love over the pond to flagships in Chicago and New York. We are on a mission to bring style to our customer wherever they are.
Topshop's directional pieces with luxurious finishes are products that any customer would fall seriously in love with. The international creative scene is captured in the mix as the globe is scoured for the very best up-and-coming design talent. Not only this, but pieces are brought to our customer inspired by the catwalk and produced to fit perfectly into their wardrobe - think collaborations with Christopher Kane, Kate Moss, Celia Birtwell, Marios Schwab and David Koma. Here, there is a fresh take on making new season pieces work.
So... Are you inspired and driven by style setting in a fast-paced environment to produce the star of our customer's wardrobe? At Topshop you will absolutely love everything fashion and gain the opportunity to show off your amazing talent and passion to inspire our customer.
As a Buyer you will be working to ensure we are first in identifying emerging trends, and translating these into fashion stories our customers will love and believe in. You will work closely with the Design teams and our Suppliers to ensure we capture the season’s must-have pieces to excite and delight the customer. As a Buyer you will be responsible for overseeing one of our industry-leading Buying teams to develop and deliver innovative product ranges, drive profit and influence the Brand's product strategy.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- You will have a strong focus on anticipating and meeting the needs of the customer, creating a balanced, innovative bag range, looking at price point, quality and standards.
- Responsible for implementing the strategic direction and financial plans for a specific product category.
- Be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with external third parties/suppliers.
- Negotiate price, delivery and terms to support the business objectives.
- Attend trade shows, buying trips and competitor shopping trips.
- Working closely with the Merchandiser you will balance trading and planning to create timely and exciting ranges for our stores.
- Working closely with Design to capture and develop the latest trends, and with Technologists to ensure that fabric and fit satisfies our high quality standards.
- Be able to analyse the business and react in a timely manner.
- Train, lead and develop team that consists of three
- Currently be working at Buyer level for a fast paced fashion retailer.
- Have proven success at buying your own area, with accessories and bags and/or accessories.
- Have an established track record of driving business forward.
- Be able to demonstrate pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration.
- Possess excellent commercial awareness and ability to drive profit.
- Good analytical skills, excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Display excellent inter-personal and presentation skills.
- Proven experience of managing and developing a team.
THE EXCITING PART
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- A special treat when you join us!
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.