Merchandiser – Ladies briefs
George has become one of the top clothing retailers in the UK – so you can imagine what a fast-paced and energetic place this is to work. Joining our busy Lingerie team, you’ll take charge of the Ladies briefs merchandising strategy. You’ll work closely with our Buyer, Merchandise Manager and other key colleagues, pushing a customer-focused approach across our stores. It’s an exciting opportunity that will offer plenty of new challenges every day. This is a Maternity cover role and will be for 9 months.
Key Strategic Accountabilities:
- Overall Department Strategy
- Market strategy, customer and competitor profiles
- Best utilisation of space to provide customer choice
- Determine category splits against sales and options, as set in strategy
- Price architecture
- Good / Better / Best Mix
- Development & day-to-day management of an Assistant Merchandiser.
Key Operational Accountabilities:
- Managing sales, stock and markdown to agreed strategy to maximise sales and profit
- Managing product critical path and lifecycle to ensure launch availability and full availability on continuity lines
- Range planning - Correct mix of product / options / customer choice / sizing
- Selection – phasing, ranking, setting buy quantities
- Historical analysis – best/worst sellers, Sales Per Foot, supplier performance
- Manage markdowns within set budgets, to deliver agreed profit targets
- In season trading – identify and spend Open To Buy to maximise sales
- Intake management to achieve agreed stock targets
- Availability of stock within store for launch dates and top line products
- Liaison with Sale Developers and Branch Merchandisers on space and option management
- Liaising with and visiting suppliers
- Gain understanding of customer – regular store visits, comp shops and attending customer listening groups
- Awareness of marketing activity
- Continue to review competitors price strategy throughout season.
This role would ideally be suited for candidates at Assistant Merchandiser level who are looking to develop their accountabilities and career.