My Client is looking for Merchandiser to join their retail business in Manchester.
My client is a well know business based in the Manchester area. They are looking for a Merchandiser to join their Health and Beauty team.
The Merchandiser will work closely with the Head of Merchandising to deliver product strategy and maximise commercial opportunities for their department.
What you'll be responsible for as a Merchandiser:
- Working closely with the buying team to build a commercial range.
- Developing detailed range plans with appropriate product phasing to ensure availability is maximised and to minimise terminal stock.
- Monitoring range plans and trading plans to ensure optimum stock levels are achieved and OTB is maximised at all times.
- Maximising in-season trading opportunities to ensure optimum trading and profitability. Reacting to trading activity suggesting markdowns and promotions where appropriate.
- Working closely with other departments in the business, Buying, Marketing, Product Coordination, Quality Assurance. Maintaining a collaborative approach to work and ensuring that all ranges and promotions are in line with business strategy and aligned with brand values.
- Performing detailed analysis and reporting at yearly, seasonal, weekly level by department, category, line and attribute. Identifying sales patterns and potential trading opportunities.
- Recruiting, training and motivating a team to ensure that business and brand objectives are met.
What you will need to succeed as a Merchandiser:
- It is desirable but not essential for the candidate to have worked within health, beauty, cosmetics or fragrance.
- Experience planning and trading your own department, including forecasting, strategy planning and OTB management responsibilities.
- Advanced Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot Table, IF), and high level proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to react appropriately to in-season trading.
- Enthusiasm and determination.
- Management and leadership experience.
£30-35k + Package