This is an exciting opportunity for a Garment Technologist to join a leading womenswear supplier to the young fashion market, predominantly with ASOS, as well as Warehouse, DP and River Island. You will be working on the design team, customers and factories in Romania. The successful candidate will have at least 4 years’ experience working with young fashion woven soft separates from initial design through to gold seal.
- Responsible for the development of garments from design/order stage through to production ensuring they conform to customer expectations.
- Risk assessment of all confirmed orders whilst maintaining and updating accurate customer records.
- Prepare detailed Technical packs for factories including final spec sheets and photos.
- Working closely with factories in Romania ensuring accurate and concise comments are communicated and followed through.
- Manage the critical path to ensure lead times are maintained.
- Organise, attend and participate in customer fit sessions.
- Internally fit product: measure, assess and fit samples on the stand prior to fit sessions, making notes on specifications and discrepancies.
- Continually assess quality levels and construction techniques, ensuring factories adhere to customer specifications, ensure that sealing samples follow retailer guidelines.
- Analyse test reports and work with factories to ensure that any lower/falling grades are improved to customer commercial standards.
- Approve fabric test results and care labels.
- Produce and maintain garment specifications including grading rules.
- Prepare and issue graded specs.
- Monitor and update the critical path for all styles.
- Access and update online Customer Web Portals in relation to fits and testing.
- Check fabrics and trims on Production Samples to ensure they adhere to approved quality and appearance.
- Analysis of inspection reports prior to shipment release.
- Supervise the maintenance of the Technical and Production Photo Library.
- Update the QA manual as required.
- Partake in daily meetings with Production team.
- Garment Technologist with minimum of 4 years UK high street experience.
- Ability to manage the sealing process through to sign off and Gold Seal.
- Strong fashion eye with the aim of completing most of the work before sending out sealing samples.
- Excellent organisation skills with an innovative and proactive approach to problem solving and critical path management.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive and self-motivated with the initiative to ensure the technical and sealing process runs smoothly.
- Computer literate MS Word and Excel.