Manager - Central Strategic Merchandise Planning
Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience.
Our Category Management Team is passionate about fashion and lifestyle. We want customers to find the perfect fashion and lifestyle products for them, from shoes and clothing and accessories. Category Management’s task is to put together an on-trend and profitable selection of products. We love discovering new brands and products for the Zalando shops, but finding the right trends is only one aspect, as we also need to keep track of our KPIs and processes. Constant exchange with other departments like logistics, content and photo production, the onsite team and marketing ensures that we act in line with the whole organisation. In the end, we are all working towards the same goal: to create an excellent experience for our customers at Zalando.
There's no stopping us growing and we are looking for you to join our central Category Controlling Team – to start immediately, in a permanent role at our beautiful Berlin location in Friedrichshain. The Category Controlling Team works across all categories and creates the link between categories, countries and operations to ensure we all share the same targets and vision. Further we drive our merchandise planning expertise and excellence across all categories.
- You will work as the central merchandise planning function across all categories
- You will be the sparring partner in merchandise planning for each category working with them to support and challenge their growth vision and merchandising decisions before and during the season
- You will perform cross-category analysis and determine strategic growth levers and initiatives to drive our business forward
- You will work as the link between categories, countries and operations to ensure we all move into the same direction and our targets reconcile
- You will prepare data analyzes for projects, team meetings, steering committee presentations and ad hoc requests
- You will help to drive the merchandise planning expertise at Zalando
WHAT YOU'VE GOT
- You have a university degree and worked in category management or merchandise planning (2+ years) in the retail industry
- Experience in the fashion or e-Commerce sectors is advantageous
- You have strong analytical skills and you are comfortable with building, maintaining and improving financial models
- You see yourself as a hands-on person who always finds simple, efficient solutions to challenges
- You are proactive, can adapt quickly to changes and always remain focused on our quality objectives
- You have excellent English language skills, knowledge of German is a plus
- You are an experienced user of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Ours is one of the most spectacularly successful stories in e-commerce. But we mostly prefer to concentrate on writing the next chapter. When you join us, you can not only expect to become part of an extraordinary and ambitious team, but a whole lot more:
- Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
- An international team of experts to inspire and support you
- Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
- A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results – our motto: Every Day is a Casual Friday
- The security of an expanding company with 11.000 employees and a company pension scheme
- Attractive employee discounts in our online shop and a public transport ticket at a discount
- An easily accessible workplace right on the main arteries of the hottest Berlin districts
- A feel-good team: We don't just work well together, we also like to get together after work
WANT TO JOIN US?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your online application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact Francisco via email