Junior Garment Technologist
Junior Garment Technologist Required!
Job type: Full Time Contract Length: Permanent
Salary Rate: Dependant on Experience Job Location: Leeds
Job Description: Junior Garment Technologist
Perry Uniform is a fast growing, award winning, internet based retailer and manufacturer of school uniforms to the independent school sector. We are currently seeking a Junior Garment Technologist or a strong Assistant Garment Technologist to join our busy team in Leeds.
The role of the Junior Garment Technologist will be to work closely with the Garment Technologist and QA, assisting in the design and development of new products, ensure both new and existing product development follows agreed procedures and company standards are met at all times. Experience in children’s wear and sportswear will be advantageous but not essential.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the development of new products to both strengthen the company’s existing range and extend into new products and product areas. Ensuring products are safe and working to set deadlines.
- Updating product size and construction specifications where required/
- Creating and updating design and technical and sizing specifications, ensuring a high level of accuracy is maintained.
- Ensure all products confirm to children wear legislation and safety and quality standards.
- Development of new patterns or pattern alterations.
- Production of samples along with design packs to production, may include developments of new styles, fabric and design details where required.
- Continuance from product development of samples through to bulk production.
- Processing of intelligent sizing requirements and attending fit meetings.
- Assist in the assessment of new suppliers and products.
- Addressing pattern and construction issues.
- Ensuring that construction, fabric and design detail of all styles are correct and in line with artwork and CAD packs.
- Keep clear and precise records relating to all product design, development, approvals and technical issues.
- Completing technical packs and updating where necessary.
- Establishing and building relationships with internal teams and suppliers.
An ideal Garment Technologist will hold the following skills and attributes:
- Organisational skills to a high standard, with excellent attention to detail and a high standard of work quality.
- Demonstrable experience in technical drawings and artwork production.
- Industry knowledge by way of product testing, cloth and fabrics.
- Pattern knowledge and technical garment construction.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, a team player.
- Ability to effectively manage varying tasks and changing demands of the business at short notice.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Computer literate in respect of MS Office application, fully competent user of adobe illustrator and knowledge of how to use Photoshop.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with at least 1 to 2 years experience in the role and with qualifications relevant to clothing technology.
We offer opportunities to progress for the right individuals, free onsite parking and break out area.
Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please apply below and including your current C.V. and salary package details.