Reporting to : Senior Merchandiser
Operating Ratio : 50/50 Current / Futur
Key Objective :To lead the team to deliver Sales, Markdown, Stock, Intake and Profit Plans
Our Merchandising team ensure all of our products, whether branded or own branded are in the right place at the right time-whether in store or online. They use a high level strategic thinking in order to build the range with our Buying team.
They contribute insights that allow us to make reactive and long range decisions and planning that is crucial to the success of our business.
Our product merchandising team sits within each of our fascia’s (JD, size? etc.) and is split into categories and gender. They review sales on a daily basis, looking at how our product is doing and then making commercial decisions to manage the flow of stock around our business. They also work in conjunction with the Buying team to plan our ranges by providing the story behind the sales numbers from previous seasons. Our merchandising team is passionate about our product and understands why this is critical for success.
- With the Senior Merchandiser and the Buyer review previous season and capture lessons learned
- With the Senior Merchandiser and the Buyer create the strategy for the department and present
- With Senior Merchandiser formulate the space and grading plan for store distribution.
- Review the Bridge / Top line plan at Buyer Group/Season annually and apply plan at Category/Season level to meet the Buyer Group/Season plan
- Ensure that the WSSI is updated with the buy plan and the KPI’s are signed off with the Senior merchandiser.
- Seasonally plan at Category/Season level with the Buyer to submit a plan on the System that reflects the best possible mix of product to deliver the KPI’s
- Ensure that the pre scheduling of all product is in place before the start of the season
- Attend selection/pre-selection meetings with the Senior merchandiser and Buyer
- Build the Range plan / Layout plans in conjunction with the Kpi’s and the dept strategy.
- Overview the ratio’s for all buys in conjunction with Asst merchandiser
- Ensure that the Buy matches the plan Buy
- Establish working relationships with Supplier Base
- Manage the order books both in season and preseason to ensure that the most accurate information is always in the system.
- Manage the Stock seasonality within the WSSI and Emperor to make profitable price and intake decisions.
- Reviews’ weekly trading performance and achieved KPI’s, identifying Issues and the course of action in preparation for the weekly trading meetings and submit to the senior merchandiser.
- Propose and agree actions to recover risk and maximise opportunities with the Senior Merchandiser and Buyer at category and line level.
- Monthly – Capture all agreed actions in the monthly forecast reviews
- Work up the forecast from category/Season level to Buyer Group
- Meet and gain approval : Incorporating
- Forecasting any sales variance to plan
- Creation of OTB’s
- Management of commitments – On time delivery, rebuys cancellations
- Markdown proposals
- Provide Retail with Merchandising aids through the Store Allocators
- Manage the range plan in Season reflecting any changes
- Create and Manage/monitor sell out dates against all products
- Manage Intake at category and line level.
- Visit and understand the store base on a regular basis. Create action plans to Optimise Store performance.
- Manage the store option plans to ensure each store has the optimum amount of stock and neither too full or lacking key lines.
- Reporting to the Senior Merchandiser
- Work with the Senior Merchandiser and Buyer to deliver the plan
- Guide and direct the Merchandising Team to help deliver the plan
- With the Senior Merchandiser provide and monitor development plans for the Asst Merch / Merch Asst on a regular basis
- Communicate to the Retail Team anything that will impact on Stores performance
- Establish working relationships with Store Operations, Visuals, Marketing, Finance DC etc.
Key Deliverables –
- Attend all Systems courses to enable full utilisation of the System
- Adhere to the Merchandise Calendar delivery plans and forecasts as required
- Focus on Training and developing your team ‘On-The-Job’
- Provide reporting to asst in strategic decisions.
- Achieve company Sales, Margins, and stock plans
- Experience within a similar role is essential
- Experience within a sports/fashion retailer is advantageous
- Numerate and Commercial
What we will offer you:
- Attractive Salary and Benefits Package
- Development linked to your role with the business
- An opportunity to work across multi-brands both UK and Internationally