Business Development Manager
Our client is a privately owned business of two parts, both with a long and well established heritage, based in the UK. Through one of their businesses they have become branded leaders in technology and innovation for coated fabrics for the luxury/premium apparel industry, the other business being textile merchants in the sourcing, importation, dyeing and finishing of fabrics for specialist industries such as workwear and the military. They now have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join their Senior Team. This is a succession planning role and after proven success, there will be the opportunity to take overall responsibility for all sales operations in a Direct level role. The successful candidate will be ideally based in the North West or Yorkshire area.
Business Development Manager: The Role
- Develop the business for both business areas within the UK and Europe.
- Develop an agent network for the brand appropriate for the apparel industry and manage to ensure effective performance.
- Growing turnover profitably and ensuring both the customer's and the company's needs are fully satisfied and budgets are met and preferably exceeded.
- Research and fully understand the sales strategy for your clients in order to maximise sales on new and existing lines.
- Analyse and research sales so as to ensure the business is positioned in growth and profitable sectors.
- Work closely with customers to guide and direct internal teams, ensuring the company is a highly regarded vendor for new innovation as well as introducing product.
- Focused on driving sales and margin.
- You will be required to travel. This will involve overnight stays.
Business Development Manager: The Candidate
- Strong knowledge of the UK Textiles industry, fabrics constructions, characteristics, processes and related end uses.
- Proven and excellent "pro-active" sales, key account management, merchandising and people management skills.
- Previous experience of recruiting and developing agents.
- Proven track record of delivering profitable sales growth.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, innovative and decision making skills.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to achieve personal results through others.
- First class communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Fashion and lifestyle trend awareness would be a distinct advantage.
- Team player.
- Computer literate.
- Current driving licence.
Business Development Manager: The Package
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience.
Due to the anticipate interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.