Freelance Jersey Designer
As Freelance Jerseywear Designer you will be responsible for designing a brand new range of trend inspired multi-product jerseywear for the young fashion market targeting the likes of Topshop, Boohoo, ASOS, Miss Selfridge, etc. Recent experience designing jersey ranges for the young fashion market is essential.
- Seasonal research: trend predictions, catwalk, competitor market, vintage and modern culture.
- Identify the latest key jersey styles for the season.
- Design of the initial jersey range and accurate execution of design briefs in line with customer requirements.
- Attend buying meetings and collaborate with buyers on range requirements helping to drive new business.
- Work with and brief in-house print team as required.
- Create design packs ensuring all information is detailed and accurate.
- Monitor sample progress, liaising with the pattern room and production department.
- Attend sample fittings as required.
- Degree in Fashion Design specialising in Womenswear.
- Proven track record in the design of womens jersey for the young fashion market.
- Proficient use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- High level of trend awareness with a good understanding of the young fashion market.
- Good understanding of garment construction for jersey.
- Ability to work effectively to critical path deadlines.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload.