Junior Garment Technologist / Product Developer
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join a product development focussed team, working across multiple product for a variety of different customers. This opportunity is based on the border of West and East Midlands.
Junior Garment Technologist / Product Developer - The Role
- Reporting to the Product Development Manager, within a busy technical team, and across a variety of multi product garments: (womens and mens) woven, knit and jersey, structured and soft separates.
- To ensure each customer's range is fashionable, practical, comfortable and durable.
- Responsible for creating detailed technical specifications and size charts. Measuring garments and fitting, sealing samples with customers and factories/suppliers.
- Communicate all technical information directly to the factory
- Accountable for maintaining and managing the critical path.
- To co-ordinate the comments/approvals process. Organise wearer trials as required.
Ensuring fabrics and trims are sourced and developed and fit for purpose. Maintain department records for lab dye approvals, colour continuity approvals, in-house performance and wash trials.
Junior Garment Technologist / Product Developer - The Person Specification
- A minimum of 2-3years experience within a similar garment technical/technologist position or product developer role.
- Good technical knowledge of garment construction and garment fitting. Experienced in liaising with suppliers & manufacturers, pre-development stages, handling comments/approvals process and any technical/quality issues
- Highly competent IT skills, familiarity with PDM systems would be advantageous
- Confident communication skills, the ability to work to critical path deadlines.
- Ability to manage own workload and be a team player.
- Ability to travel to meet customers, offshore as and when required.
Junior Garment Technologist / Product Developer - The Company
Our client is a leader in the design and supply of multi product garments and apparel with a growing portfolio of customers.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.