Buyer, Leading Food Retailer -South London based Excellent Salary + Benefits!
Your new company
We have recently partnered with one of the world's Leading Food Retailers who is looking for experienced Buyers to join their Head office in South London.
Their Buying department is at the forefront of their success. Not only is it one of their largest and fastest expanding departments, it influences every product in every store. From the way a product tastes to how the packaging looks to the final retail price, it all starts here.
Your new role
Wasting no time in making decisions every day… decisions that will impact on the success of each and every store in the UK, you will relish the challenge of negotiation, especially at high levels. Backed by training and support, your self-confidence will grow even further.
Thriving in a fast paced environment, and possessing real entrepreneurial flair, joining this dynamic and highly motivated department full of like minded, gifted individuals could be the perfect opportunity for you!
* As an experienced Food Retail Buyer, you will be accountable for a group products within the company's assortment
* Responsible for market observation and defining product ranges and qualities through conducting thorough Product Range Analysis
* Preparing, conducting and maintaining negotiations and contracts with national suppliers
* Defining and ongoing monitoring of product retail prices
* Maintaining ongoing communication and relationship management with suppliers
* Responsible for conception and implementation of category strategies
* Ensuring full availability of the products in your categories in all listed regions
* Managing the development of individual packaging and artwork for specified products
* Managing and maintaining close working relationships with the International Buying department
What you'll need to succeed
* A degree in any discipline (business preferred)
* Previous food retail buying experience
* A full driving license
* Excellent communication skills
* Self-motivated, able to work independently within a high pressured environment
* Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
* A naturally analytical mind-set with plenty of common sense
* Excellent standard of numeracy
* Entrepreneurial flair with a talent for negotiating and networking at the highest levels
* The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
* Highly computer literate
* A high degree of adaptability
* The confidence to make tough decisions
* A strong team player
* Required to travel throughout the UK, role may also and may involve occasional international travel
* German not essential but preferred
What you'll get in return
* Very competitive salary + London weighting
* Fully expensed company car
* 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
* Private Medical Insurance
* A contributory pension scheme
* 10% discount on all products, in all stores throughout the UK
* Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
* Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
* Brilliant opportunities for quick progression to senior management and long term career prospects
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.