Pattern Technician – The Job Role
Working within the Technical Department you will be required to create first patterns to the company’s high standards. Making first patterns from sketches and instructions or amending existing patterns to the required designs using the most practical and modern manufacturing methods and to represent the approved specification.
Pattern Technician - Key Responsibilities
- To work closely with the design and technical team to produce first patterns for sample garments, that will be made in the UK sample departments and with overseas suppliers, to the company’s high standards.
- To create graded patterns and graded size charts.
- To deal promptly with all pattern and specification queries professionally and within the agreed time frames.
- As required, to be involved in fit sessions with designers and technical teams.
- Send approved patterns to overseas factories and liaise with the technical team to action any changes required.
- To work closely with the sample department during the sample making process to ensure that garments are made in the most efficient method.
Pattern Technician - Qualifications, skills and abilities
- Proven commercial experience in the creation of patterns with strong confident understanding of the garment production process.
- Must have a strong understanding of computer technology within the industry including Gerber / Lectra Cad systems
- HND /HNC Fashion technology with design or previous experience in similar position
- Must possess excellent communication skills to clearly explain technical requirements to our supplier base - particularly those who may not possess English as their first language.
- Problem-solving skills and decision-making ability.
- Ability to interpret designer’s sketches ensuring the brief is achieved.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to liaise with colleagues in other functions within the business
- Good organizational and time management skills.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Pattern Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly