eCommerce Trading Manager
As the eCommerce Trading Manager, working within a busy e-Commerce Department you will have overall management of e-Commerce stock and site representation and be involved in the commercial plan for growth.
The role has overall responsibility for the product information, imagery, pricing and stock availability that appear on the site, including the management of the ecommerce range plan. You will be responsible for ensuring that products are available on the site in order to maintaining the profitability of the website.
You and your team will analyse site performance and review various website metrics to drive sales, communicating with other key teams such as merchandising.
Working within an enthusiastic and customer-focused environment, where objectives and outcomes directly impact upon the brands success, you will need to take a pro-active, flexible and conscientious approach to daily duties.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Product data management - ensure that all product data is on the LK Bennett websites and the concession sites including images, descriptions, product detail and prices.
- Manage the overall critical path to get product information and photography on to the site on time and ensure all involved teams within the business are aware of deadlines.
- Owner of the Ecommerce Range plan including ongoing development
- Ensure that the product feed is also full and correct for affiliates and search engines.
- Online Product Management – Ensure that products are creatively merchandised while ensuring that products are simple to find, but yet maximising sale opportunities.
- Overall management of e-Commerce stock and involvement in the commercial plan for growth
- Stock Availability – monitor stock holding and report weekly on the site cover and work collaboratively with merchandising team to plan and maintain a sufficient stock holding.
- Maximise the profit contribution of e-Commerce sales through effective management of stock levels and accurate forecasting of sales
- Liaise with the buying teams to supply web exclusive styles, GWPs, and offers
- Ensure inventory availability in advance of planned site launches, updates, marketing campaigns and promotional activity
- Build range proposals to maximise sales opportunities and profit
- Coordinate and communicate pricing changes to the web team
- Online sales budget control and forecasting – identify and report on trends in trading performance and develop sales forecasts for peak trading periods online
- Web Analytics – monitor and measure site performance, while using this to make recommendation and improve performance. Use Google Analytics to understand the LKB customer and the journey that they are taking
- Measure online conversion and identify tactics internally and with third parties to improve conversion rates.
- Provide weekly product status reports
- Report on product sales and think of tactics to improve sales
- Identify areas of underperformance and develop strategies to improve
- Monitor stock levels and analyse web sales versus store performance
- Monitor competitor and web sales trends to ensure web offer and experience is in line with customer expectations
- Develop an in depth understanding of the customer requirements for all product categories, constantly reviewing category growth opportunities, trends, life of a line KPIs and size curves
- Ensure that the product/range/trading strategies are supported by the acquisition/marketing strategy for all trafficked channels - including SEO, PPC, Affiliates, retargeting and digital advertising
- Ownership of on-site search, with responsibility to analyse usage, disseminate insight to the wider ecommerce team and optimise
- Ownership of on-site merchandising, driving cross-/up-sell to increase UPT and AOV, with responsibility to analyse impact and optimise
- Collaborate with the ecommerce team on optimising the website customer experience / journey, feeding into decisions on content, functionality and layout across the site (e.g. homepage, navigation, PDP)
- Collaborate with the Head of CRM, feeding into the CRM strategy, email planning and segmentation / personalisation from a stock and product perspective
- Test and ensure that all the allocated merchandise is live on the site and functional at all times
- Coordinate product information from the buying teams for the product catalogues
- Ensure the correct classifications of product, ensuring all new styles are categorised correctly for the customer
- Track product imagery, copy and stock availability to ensure products are posted live on the website as soon as available in the warehouse
- Responsible for all product uploads and maintenance of catalogue manager including accurate and customer centric product descriptions and images
- Ensure product prices are correct on the live site and in ICE at all times
- Coordinate and communicate pricing changes to the rest of the team
- Provide weekly sales, returns and stock movement reports to the e-Commerce director
- Work with Project Manager on identifying enhancements and issues.
- Manage multi variant testing, identifying conversion tests and managing Qubit to implement and analyze.
- Manage site navigation, search, categories, filters and product placement by setting merchandising strategy alongside ecommerce director.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a commercial drive
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills essential
- Technical experience with ecommerce platforms
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player and willingness to support the wider team
- Flexible and responsive to change
- Self-motivated, confident and assertive
- Possess a forward thinking working ethic in order to drive the business forward
- Work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and support the business objectives to drive profitability
Apply for eCommerce Trading Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly