Our Merchandising team ensure all of our products, whether branded or own branded are in the right place at the right time-whether in store or online. They use a high level strategic thinking in order to build the range with our Buying team.
They contribute insights that allow us to make reactive and long range decisions and planning that is crucial to the success of our business.
Our product merchandising team sits within each of our fascia’s (JD, size? etc.) and is split into categories and gender. They review sales on a daily basis, looking at how our product is doing and then making commercial decisions to manage the flow of stock around our business. They also work in conjunction with the Buying team to plan our ranges by providing the story behind the sales numbers from previous seasons. Our merchandising team is passionate about our product and understands why this is critical for success.
Reporting to : Merchandiser
Operating Ratio : 80 / 20 Current / Future
Key Objective : To support the Merchandiser in achieving departmental sales, markdown, stock, intake and profit plans.
To substitute for the Assistant Merchandiser in their absence.
- Book in new product as directed by the merchandiser.
- Liaise and be first point of contact with the warehouse around delivery issues and problem orders.
- Update supplier order books and ETA reports on the system.
- Reconcile supplier order books and communicate all anomalies.
- Action store IBTs in conjunction with the Assistant Merchandiser
- Action fast track IBTs in conjunction with the Assistant Merchandiser.
- Collate and check price amendments.
- Cost and retail checks on orders booked into the warehouse in conjunction with the Assistant Merchandiser
- Average cost prices where required
- Collate and assist in building accurate ratio history.
- Action hit list and rack list as directed by the Merchandiser or Buyer
- Chase free-stocks as directed by the buyer.
- Develop awareness of product area through analysis of reports and store visits.
- Ad-hoc reports and analysis for the team as required.
- Reporting to the Merchandiser
- Working with the Merchandising Team
- Develop relationships with Stores, Visual, Finance, Marketing as appropriate
- Working with the Buyer
- Deputising for the Assistant Merchandiser in their absence
Key Deliverables – Year One
- Attend all System Courses
- Pro-Actively communicate to the Merchandising Team
- Seek out opportunities to learn ‘On The Job’ and through a range of available learning tools and courses
- Previous merchandise/retail experience is advantageous but not essential
- Strong numerical skills
What we will offer you:
- Attractive Salary and Benefits Package
- Development linked to your role with the business
- An opportunity to work across multi-brands both UK and Internationally
Apply for Merchandise Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly