Senior Womenswear Designer
The Senior Womenswear Designer is responsible for designing the core range, (soft separates and tailoring) whilst supporting the Head of Womenswear Design with range planning, developing the design team and design organisation and coordination working in tandem with the production/development team.
The ideal Design will have at least 5 years’ experience in womenswear design with a natural flair for refined affordable luxury possibly combining luxury/premium high street experience designing across women’s soft separates and tailoring. Range planning experience is also essential to ensure a balanced and cohesive range across all options.
- Collaborate with the head of design and creative director on direction for the forthcoming season.
- Global travel for research, sourcing and development.
- Oversee the creation of mood boards and initial spec sheets for sampling.
- Sourcing and development of fabric and trims working with the fabric team.
- Development of seasonal colour palettes with the team.
- Support the Head of Womenswear Design with range planning working closely with the buying and merchandising teams to ensure the collection is well coordinated and balanced and meets the requirements of the global stores and concessions.
- Design across soft separates and tailoring in line with the seasonal theme demonstrating a strong eye for commerciality, fit and detail.
- Support the Head of Womenswear Design with organisation and delegation of work and in developing the design team.
- Provide support in presenting the collection at all stages to senior management.
- Work closely with the in-house sample room on initial developments.
- Attend fit sessions with technologists as required.
- Ensure critical path deadlines are maintained.
- Senior Womenswear Designer with at least 5 years’ experience specialising in womens tailoring and soft separates ideally combining luxury and premium high street experience.
- Highly organised with experience in developing junior team members.
- Good understanding of line planning.
- Ability to reflect forthcoming fashion trends aligned with the runway for the global market place.
- Excellent hand drawing and illustration skills demonstrated through a strong portfolio.
- Polished presentation skills with the ability to present to the senior management team.
- Diplomatic and efficient in liaising cross-functionally.
- Experience in prioritising and delegating work.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.