Buyer - Germany
Exciting opportunities and a great way of working
We’re TJX. Home to retail brands including TK Maxx and HomeSense across Europe; T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; and Trade Secret in Australia. We believe we’re one of the most exciting retailers around. Relationships play a big part in our success. Especially those we have with our own people. We inspire each other to be bold. To think big. To take responsibility for our work and ownership for our future.
To fuel our growth we are looking for a talented buyer to complement our team in our Buying office in Düsseldorf, to buy amazing brands and exciting product for our stores in Europe. Our environment is fast paced, exciting and we encourage autonomy to drive your career and business area forward.
We take an opportunistic approach to buying. Sending our buyers out into the market frequently, and giving them the freedom to make decisions and deals on the spot. They’re the reason our stores are always stocked with big names and designer labels, top brands, up and coming labels and one-off gems. And they’re the reason why our customers can pick up merchandise for a lot less than on the high street.
- Responsible for departmental sales and gross profit
- Reviews weekly reports, best sellers and potential markdowns
- Makes weekly trips into German and foreign markets maintaining market relationships and presence with new and existing vendors
- Performs on-going analysis to be used in developing merchandise strategies
- Determines quantities to buy according to Open to Buy guidelines
- Pursues the market for opportunistic purchases
- Maintains knowledge of market conditions
- Visits new stores and competition
- Understands and implements negotiating skills
- Strategy and walkthrough
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal partners
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Fluent in German with a strong network of brands / vendors in Germany
- Flexible to travel
- Must have proven buying experience within a fast moving retail environment
- Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills and strong commercial acumen
- Able to work at speed, making calculated, on the spot decisions
Your future is yours to shape. Share our determination to make things happen, and we’ll give you the autonomy to take intelligent risks, the opportunity to develop and a competitive salary and benefits package. Be part of our team as we pursue future growth. Apply now.