Creative Video Producer
Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
DON’T CHANGE FASHION FOR A SEASON. CHANGE IT FOREVER.
The Farfetch marketing team is one of the largest within the business. You will have exposure into all of the work our brilliant teams do, from revolutionary editorial features and storytelling, global ad campaigns, to the ins and outs of running a world class in-house PR desk, this is the chance to work with some incredibly creative and innovative fashion and tech professionals.
FOR THE MOST CREATIVE CURATORS IN FASHION.
Due to continued growth within the Marketing team, we are looking for a Video Producer to setup & oversee our Video team. The individual will be responsible for managing End-to-end video production management from script to screen, in line with the creative direction from the Online Comms Director.
This is an exciting opportunity to establish the video function within our global business, leading video planning whilst ensuring it fits into the broader content requirements of the creative & ecommerce goals. You will responsible for delivering a breadth of videos across product, editorial & business projects.
What You’ll do:
- Own the communication with external production companies and internal stakeholders to manage video projects from end to end
- Drive the creation of the highest quality original creative content & narratives. Tell compelling brand stories and build on key brand messages through video
- Establish a critical path and workflow to project manage video production
- Define, manage & develop projects on schedule and within budget
- Manage internal client briefing & work across internal stakeholders to ensure video content is in line with requirements for editorial, creative, styling, social & marketing
- Manage multiple production jobs at the same time from concept, hiring, project planning, directors, casting, and post-production. Ensuring to run a detailed & comprehensive planning schedule
- Act as the key point of communication on their behalf liaising with the wider business. Particularly to align with Online Comms Director, Creative Director & Editorial Director
- Forecast, monitor, manage & negotiate video production budgets
- Build & develop a strong external network of freelancers, agencies & directors to cover our various commissioned works. Be aware of market prices and negotiate and challenge where necessary
- Manage the internal relationship with our legal team to ensure we have appropriate contracts & licensing within international legal boundaries
Who You Are:
- A proven track record and comprehensive knowledge of video production for web and film, with technical knowledge of production, video formats, and editing
- Excellent project management skills & interpersonal skills. An enthusiastic & personable team player
- Experience of working with creative teams and managing expectations all round in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in working with video publishing platforms such as Brightcove & Youtube
- A proven track record in creative concepts
- Experience in managing a small team
- Knowledge & understanding of copyright legislation and contractual processes
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and drive end to end productions
- Ability to excel within the dynamic demands of a rapidly growing company
- Ability to multi-task and flexible to creative challenges.
- Highly self-motivated, problem solver & willing to go the extra mile
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Apple Colour or other grading suites, and video platforms
- Direct experience in Editorial, luxury fashion market or e-commerce experience
- Interest in new technical innovations and interactive content
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships