You will work within the Product Development team and communicate with manufacturers globally to develop high quality outerwear. You will work with designers and manufacturers to develop the products and bring them to market from concept to purchase order. Ensure that products meet or exceed sales, margin, testing requirements.
Performance outerwear would include motorcycle riding jacket, helmet and gloves. Casual outerwear would include leather and textile jackets.
To develop products, to satisfy the business plan, the QC/CE standards, brand strategy, for the specified product category.
To become the expert within the team for technical wear and be fully proficient with the requirements of this category and the competitive marketplace.
A minimum of 5 years experience required for product development and production in the outerwear category
- Report to Design & Development Manager
- Liaise closely with designers
- Work with factories for development and negotiate cost, lead time, MOQ...etc
- Ensure product quality and styling right for the market
- Approve sample sets
- Follow product through from design to production
- Range building
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree combined with 5 + years of experience in product development and production in outerwear
- Good taste & passion in clothing
- Organized and eye for detail
- Highly numerate
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Self starter with a highly proactive approach.
- Willing to learn with a can do attitude
- Ability to work alone and as part of a close knit team with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in windows-based software such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- The position may require overseas travel i.e. for client and factory visits etc
- Knowledge in CE standard for Professional Protective Equipment would be an advantage
Hours 8.30am – 5.30pm Mon-Friday
Fuelled Apparel is a consultancy specializing in the motorcycle and powersports sector for apparel, merchandise and licensing services. We are based in North London zone 2.
Extensive apparel and merchandise product categories covered including Leather, Performance Textiles, Gloves, Footwear, Helmets, Jerseys, Woven, Headwear and Merchandise.
International client base.
Please apply with CV and covering letter, applications close 12th March.