Product Developer - Casualwear
Product Developer Casualwear
Working within a small but busy team based in North London focusing on the development of casual wear categories for International Motorcycle and automotive brands.
You will work within the Product Development team and communicate with manufacturers globally to develop cool & edgy casual clothing. You will work with designers and manufacturers to develop the products and bring them to market from concept to purchase order. Ensure that products meet or exceed the sales and margin requirements.
Casual clothing would include Mens and Womens knit tee, tank, woven shirt, sweater, zip thru and hoodie...etc.
To develop products, to satisfy the business plan, the QC standards, Brand strategy, for the specified product category.
This role will require someone with solid working experience in casualwear.
To become the expert within the team for casualwear and be fully proficient with the requirements of this category and the competitive marketplace.
3-5 years experience required in a related position for product development and production in the casualwear category
- Report to Design & Development Manager
- Liaise closely with designers
- Work with factories for development and negotiate cost, lead time, MOQ...etc
- Ensure product quality and styling right for the market
- Approve sample sets
- Follow product through from design to production
- Range building
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree combined with 3-5 years of experience in product development and production
- Good taste & passion for product
- Organized and eye for detail
- Highly numerate
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Self starter with a highly proactive approach.
- Willing to learn with a can do attitude
- Ability to work alone and as part of a close knit team with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in windows-based software such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint Outlook
- The position might require overseas travel i.e. for client and factory visits etc
Hours 8.30am – 5.30pm Mon-Friday
Fuelled Apparel is a consultancy specializing in the motorcycle and powersports sector for apparel, merchandise and licensing services. We are based in North London zone 2.
Extensive apparel and merchandise product categories covered including Leather, Performance Textiles, Gloves, Footwear, Helmets, Jerseys, Woven, Headwear and Merchandise.
International client base
Please apply with CV and covering letter applications close 20th Aug