Product Developer - Maternity Cover
- Experienced Non-Manager
Product Developer – Maternity Cover - JD
Responsible to: Department: Product Development Manager - Own Brand
Location: JD Sports Fashion plc, Edinburgh House, Hollinsbrook way, Pilsworth, Bury, BL9 8RR
The Product Developer is responsible for the development of our own brand product. Working alongside the product development manager, designer and Buying team for their brands they will support with the continous improvement of product from a technical perspective, ensuring that quality is maintained and compliance legislation is adhered to. Improving retail sales and margin improvement is the key objective of this role.
- Drive intake margin improvement through garment engineering and appropriate fabric selection and utilisation to ensure best possible prices without compromising relevant quality level for the Brand.
- Set up size specs / blocks & graded size charts for all product areas.
- Issue all size specs/Tech packs for development & production to factories & suppliers ensuring continuity & consistency.
- Sample product in line with the Sourcing Strategy and provide samples and costings to Buying team.
- Open Cost where needed.
- Working alongside the buying team, maintain the critical path for all orders.
- Have weekly critical path meetings with buying, merchandising, allocators, & supply chain.
- Drive fit meetings with buying & design, ensuring that technical packs / fit comments are sent to suppliers & factories without any delay.
- To inspect, measure and comment on samples (proto samples through to production) Approving each stage of development.
- Utilise the assistance of the Assistant Buyer to comment on samples ensuring appropriate guidance is provided.
- Manage and approve fabric testing & care label development with the Suppliers.
- Approve lab-dips and strike offs referring issues to the design and buying team
- Ensure product quality meets the relevant standards.
- Work with the warehouse to review and feedback any issues.
- Provide support for the Product Development Manager to ensure that factories follow company supplier guidelines.
- Ensure product compliance in line with all relevant legislation.
- Conduct factory visits/warehouse trips to develop/improve production.
Apply for Product Developer - Maternity Cover
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly