Heatwave hits fashion sales


Like-for-like UK retail sales were up 0.5% in July compared with the same month in 2017, but the summer heatwave has failed to light a fire under fashion.  

Total sales increased by 1.6% last month, compared with 1.4% in July 2017, but in-store sales of non-food items declined by 1% on a total basis and 2.4% on a like-for-like basis, the British Retail Consortium (BRC) and KPMG Retail Sales Monitor shows.

Read the full article on Drapers Online

Back to listing