An exciting opportunity for an experienced Garment Technologist/Product Developer to join an every growing company based on the outskirts of Nottingham, easily commutable to Leicestershire.
If you are passionate about developing your career in garment technology and product development, would enjoy working on multiproduct/gender and be part of a close knit team, please get in touch.
Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Help to manage all aspects of product development and garment construction with both the Customers and the Supply base.
- Responsible for the creation and time management of the critical path process. You will be the main point of contact for all teams with relation to the development process and garment construction.
- Manage all aspects of the garment manufacturing process, ensuring that competent initial product packs are sent out to the supplybase and full details of the sealing process per customer are submitted.
- Build strong working relationships with the customer and factory base.
- Full responsibility for the development of all new product and functionality/manufacturing compatibility during the production process.
- Responsibility for all garment quality submissions, ensuring that they are submitted in a timely manner in adherence to the critical path, to the necessary customer standard and with the correct documentation.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all products are measured and reviewed prior to sending into the customer.
- Represent the business in a professional and competent manner at all times.
- Travel as and when necessary.
- Responsibility for advising and production, garment construction, garment development issues that may affect delivery dates and/or margins
- Overall responsibility for correct print, embellishment, appliqué application, positioning on the garment, dimensions given to the factory and quality requested.
- Responsibility for Garment testing compliance to correct standards for all products and supplying the correct documentation.
Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- Minimum of 3years experience within a similar garment technical or product development position.
- Good knowledge of garment construction and the manufacturing process from concept to approved sample. A knowledge of jerseywear would be advantageous.
- Highly organised, ability to prioritise and attentive to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate clearly to all sectors.
- Be ready to travel at short notice where needed.
- Happy to help with other workloads where necessary.
- Experience dealing with factories in the Far East/offshore.
- Excellent computer literacy i.e. Microsoft Office.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.