The purpose of this new role is to be the innovative designer for the hosiery division of this successful, design led manufacturer; working alongside the Commercial and Technical team to create products for all customers.
The role has two facets:
- Design and development for the fine gauge and heavy gauge hosiery business (existing established business)
- Develop and design Santoni intimate apparel. This is a new area for the company and requires someone with an enquiring mind to explore new product offers and exploit this technology to business advantage.
Ideally you will have either:
- A broad understanding of fine gauge and heavy gauge hosiery products or
- Be an intimate apparel designer, ideally with a sportswear background. As this role is a blend of needs your background could be either of the above but with a strong desire to quickly learn the other.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ experience post university.
What will you be doing:
- Compiling ideas, new product developments and innovations
- Researching and identifying key trends
- Running meetings within your team and with the customer
- Commercial awareness of the customer and their needs.
- Working to tight deadlines
- Producing CADS, so knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is required.
- Technically bias designer
- Ability to present ideas and concepts to customers
- Enquiring mind
- A positive person with an in-built resilience
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
You will have a determination and drive to succeed with the ability to work well within a small team but also using your own initiative. This position is based at the Company Head Offices in Nottingham but will involve travel throughout the year, both UK and offshore.