Senior Financial Reporting Manager
Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes over 400 independent fashion boutiques across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, LA, Porto, Lisbon, Guimaraes, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our new luxury office space is set in the heart of the digital district in London. We offer ‘brilliant benefits’, free fruit, free breakfasts, wine time Friday and a chance to work with an inspirational and high performing team.
WORK IN A WORLD WHERE YOUR VOICE MATTERS.
Over the last 18 months our Group Finance function in London has evolved rapidly and continues to expand across all of our sub-teams: Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of the team provide leadership and advice on strategic projects, playing an instrumental role in the development of Finance as a critical and integrated partner within the business and ensure the long-term success of Farfetch!
This is a new role in which the main responsibilities are the production of the Group’s external reporting requirements, liaison with the audit teams and to provide technical accounting advice to the business.
What You’ll do:
- Preparation of the annual consolidated statutory financial statements, including external disclosure notes
- Plan the year-end processes, including liaison and key point of contact with the external auditors; preparing the external audit and reporting timetable
- Preparation of supporting audit documentation including accounting papers to assist with audit close process, co-ordinate responses as required from local accounting and divisional business unit teams
- Preparation and review of IFRS reporting and accounting papers for year end; discussing with audit team
- Managing end-to-end delivery of Group statutory accounts
- Preparing Investor Communications; including Quarterly Trading Statements
- Supporting External Communications through preparing briefing notes and explanatory schedules
- Preparing regular update papers to the Audit Committee and external auditors with regards to significant business transactions.
- Advising on technical accounting treatment of business decisions, including international business operations, acquisitions and disposal.
- Ensure Group compliance with relevant international accounting standards
- Support and communicate the development, setting and maintenance of IFRS financial accounting/reporting policies group wide, including creation of a Group Reporting Manual
- Coach and assist in the development of the group financial accountant in IFRS technical areas
- Dealing with ad-hoc accounting queries from the business units and finance teams
- Providing accounting advice on business transactions & subsequent accounting for any acquisitions/disposals
Who You Are:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA)
- An undergraduate degree preferred
- Big 4 experience in a technical accounting role required
- Experience in house assisting on technical accounting matters within a multi-national publically-listed businesses preferred
- Strong IFRS, UK GAAP and consolidation experience required
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships