Head Of Product Quality & Safety
Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience.
Our Category Management Team is passionate about fashion and lifestyle. We want customers to find the perfect fashion and lifestyle products for them, from shoes and clothing and accessories. Category Management’s task is to put together an on-trend and profitable selection of products. We love discovering new brands and products for the Zalando shops, but finding the right trends is only one aspect, as we also need to keep track of our KPIs and processes. Constant exchange with other departments like logistics, content and photo production, the onsite team and marketing ensures that we act in line with the whole organisation. In the end, we are all working towards the same goal: to create an excellent experience for our customers at Zalando.
We are currently searching for our new Head of Product Quality & Safety within the Category Management of the Zalando Wholesale product.
- In this role you will be developing a world class team for product quality, safety and sizing & fitting for all Categories
- You will head a department of eight experts (direct reports) and coordinate >30 QC managers. Furthermore you will be responsible for coaching >10 fitting managers
- You will develop the Zalando product quality, safety and fitting standards further
- Furthermore you will be responsible for the QC process and continuous improvement in cooperation with the QC department
- You will ensure compliance with product safety regulations
- You will define and develop sizing and fitting standards with the Category Management, our brand partners and the zLabels private labels
- Finally you will collaborate with the Category Management and our brand partners to ensure products meet or exceed all requirements to achieve the highest customer satisfaction
- You possess a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Clothing & Textiles and/or Fashion Merchandising. Preferably you’ve topped your academic career with an MBA degree
- You have 10+ years of experience in Apparel quality and fit, preferably with knowledge of technical design and pattern making. At least 3-5 years of these are in a general management / people lead position
- You have experience across Men’s, Women’s and Kids segments, textile and shoes
- You have a strong analytical mindset and are an expert user of Excel. Furthermore, this includes the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
- You can demonstrate a proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key clients and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
- You have advanced experience in developing long-term relationships, and negotiating strategic agreements to ensure constant cost and quality improvements
- You are fluent in English (written & spoken), fluent German skills are of advantage
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. What you are doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the chance to work on the world's best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing international company!
- Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
- An international team of experts to inspire and support you
- Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
- Exciting career paths tailored to your skills and development potentials
- The security of an expanding company with more than 7,000 employees and a company pension scheme
- Attractive employee discounts in our online shop
- An easily accessible workplace right on the main arteries of the hottest Berlin districts
WANT TO JOIN US?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact us via email // Ingrid Leonhardt