Clothing Graphic Designer
To work with the within the design team and alongside the Development team, to design, develop and manufacture graphics for a range of products in line with range strategy and profit requirements of Wiggle. To ensure originality and effectiveness of all products through design.
- Design and range of graphics for an assigned project for a defined customer type and season
- Number of designs
- Number of agreed products
- On time delivery
The House brand team is undergoing expansion and now requires a graphic designer to help support this growth. Based in the Portsmouth office the Graphic Designer will work within the design team and alongside other departments and is responsible for taking products from design stages through to delivery.
- Build innovative and good quality products for our target customer, ensuring maximised profit margins.
- Manage supplier performance against agreed projects and agreed KPI’s
- Understand costs with suppliers on an ongoing basis, for all techniques and value engineering as development progresses.
- Liaise with all aspects of the team over pattern, design translation, specific product details, as well as maintain aesthetics and commercial viability.
- Manage individual projects with supporting documentation, sampling & testing to a critical path for timely launch.
- Follow Critical Paths, from Inception to Factory Gate, ensuring all parties are updated with any divergence.
- Ensure all relevant samples are available in good time for sign off meetings and Go/No-Go decisions
- Advise on-site content team on detailing and specification for ranges.
- Selecting and approving trims
- Support the factory on technical aspects by ensuring that all sample garments are properly progressed and are fit for purpose
- Liaise with Suppliers regarding minimum quantities, lead-times and trim availability
- Communicate with factories to ensure that production garments are fit for purpose
- Add value to products with packaging details, technical improvements, detailing, style or innovation.
- Review customer feedback across site to incorporate in future products.
- Review faulty/returned products to reduce any design/production related faults.
- Have a keen awareness of relevant sports brands
- Seasonal Range launch - on time, in full
- Full technical specification and design records maintained in full
- Meet all key design stage gates per season
- Product sales
- Net retained margin by supplier, in £’s and %
- Customer NPS score by product and brand.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a clothing graphics role, with a proven background of taking commercially strong products to market. Previous experience working with a sportswear brand would be an advantage
- Knowledge of sports prints and techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of production and design, including fabrics, garment construction
- Proven experience of using Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft office
- A keen awareness of relevant sports brands
- Degree in a relevant field
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills and liaise with all members of the business including Senior Managers
- Experience of working/communicating with Far Eastern cultures
- Ability to travel
- Strong attention to detail with a strive for excellence in delivery
- Ability to manage and coordinate changing priorities, understand ‘what good looks like’, and capable of multi-tasking
- Ability to be flexible
- Creative flair
- Interest in either Cycling, Running or Swimming is desirable
- Experience/knowledge of Far East business culture is an advantage
- Ability to speak Italian or Chinese as an additional language to English is an advantage
- A love of sports!
- Graphic Design
- Trim market knowledge
- Creative design capability
- Commercially numerate
- IT skills in relevant software packages
- Presentation writing and delivery skills