At present, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Designer to work and collaborate under the direction of our Brand Director and Head of Product, leading and developing the design team and design organisation. You will also be responsible for designing the core range of our seasonal collections across Womenswear and overseeing the Menswear Design, developing commercial products that are in line with Grana’s design aesthetic, philosophy, brand book and brand ethos. We are looking for a committed, hardworking, talented individual who is passionate about driving the brand forward and creating outstanding product.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to...
- Collaborate with our Creative Director and Head of Product on direction for the forthcoming season and long-term product roadmap
- Create and develop innovative and original designs and concepts based on the option plan prepared and given by the Merchandising team, working closely with Merchandising and Buying to align on product selections each season
- Initiate the sourcing and development of fabrics and communicating requirements to the buying team.
- Create and develop mood boards and original inspiration themes for seasonal collections
- Present the collection to senior management
- Ensure critical path deadlines are maintained
- Bring new and exciting ranges that maintain a leading edge on our competitors, demonstrating your knowledge of the competition and how we benchmark as a brand.
The Ideal Candidate will possess…
- Bachelors Degree in Design or related field
- Senior Designer with at least 5-7 years of experience – Must have womenswear experience, however it is preferable if you also possess menswear experience.
- Must possess a strong fashion sense and have the ability to interpret trends into the Grana aesthetic
- Proven experience managing a team and mentoring junior talent
- Strong hand sketching abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator skills and technical drawing
- Experience in prioritising and delegating work
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and leadership skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
- Must have a flexible work ethic with the ability to self-manage and handle multiple priorities at once.
- Must be a collaborative, team player with great initiative
- Experience developing product directly with factories; understanding of development from concept through to delivery required
- Excellent fabric and sourcing knowledge strengthened by a solid understanding of form, finishing’s and an eye for great proportion
- Commercial awareness and the ability to think strategically
Now it’s on you – want to join us?
At Grana, we're rethinking everything to create the best online shopping experience in the world. That objective starts from within, as we build our own team. We don't care much for titles or the usual ways of doing business. What we care about are finding people who share our vision and have a passion for taking on challenges and seeing results, all in a fun, dynamic, and rewarding environment.
Grana team members should:
- Be passionate about quality products
- Be action-oriented and results-driven
- Enjoy working with teams
- Be a self-starter
- Bring fun into their work
- Want to make the world a better place
As a start-up business, things are ever changing which requires a forward-thinking mindset, if you are flexible, work well under pressure and want to work for a growing and inspirational brand, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and examples of your work.