Assistant Technologist, Fabric - F&F
About The Job
In this role, you will be delivering/supporting safe, legal, responsibly sourced, quality products for your area, always focusing on our customers and demonstrating value-led behaviour.
- Supporting your Technical Team and category to ensure that products in your area are safe, legal, responsibly sourced and meet the product brief, Tesco rules & policies and customer expectations
- Developing expertise in your field, achieving my KPIs and supporting development of policy/protocol in your category
- Working with your Technical Team to minimise cost and risk in the supply chain and product range, ensuring appropriate controls are in place for consistency, legality and quality of products & packaging and signing off products
- Ensuring required Due Diligence documents are in place. Ensuring labelling is legal and factually correct
- Monitoring all quality feedback and assisting in implementing actions to resolve issues, ensuring customer queries are answered in a timely way
- Escalating and gathering data to support Incident management and enforcement challenges in your product area
- Sharing ideas on product, benchmarking, process and improvement ideas into the New Product Development plan
- The technical critical path for new products/product changes, working with suppliers and flagging risks
- Contributing to strategy development with Category teams, supplying data to identify the best suppliers & sources
- Assisting to ensure your suppliers have appropriate Technical & ethical audits & agreed action plans for improvement
- Supporting your technical team and category to monitor supplier and product performance, communicating trends
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Relevant experience/qualification(s) within fabric/clothing
- Quality control / assurance
- Understanding of retail and customer needs
- Passion for product
About the Company
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!
An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
Buy As You Earn Scheme
Save As You Earn Scheme
Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses