Apparel Graphic Designer
My client are recruiting for an Apparel Graphic Designer to join their highly successful company with an excellent customer base.
Apparel Graphic Designer – The Company
The family owned business has grown consistently over nearly 25 years. The expanding company specialises in bespoke merchandise and has a wide range of UK and International clients. With a busy warehouse and friendly office space to provide a superb working environment for their small but well established team.
Apparel Graphic Designer – The Role
Working in a fast-paced role, the successful candidate will undertake a variety of design tasks including graphic print design, product design and marketing design.
- Creating print designs and illustrations following a customer’s brief
- Continual trend research and market awareness
- Ability to adapt their design skills for a large and varying mix of customers
- Using Adobe Illustrator to design vectored prints for application onto garments
- Designing for Licensed
- Liaising with internal and external suppliers to order and approve designs, whilst making sure timelines are met
- Maintaining ranges for the company’s own brands
- Working alongside the marketing executive to develop suitable marketing graphics for new product launches or upcoming exhibitions
- Designing company brochures and collateral
- Organisation and maintenance of the company’s catalogue of samples
Candidate skills and attributes:-
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to tasks given
- Ability to work in a small but friendly office environment
- Self-motivated and a good team player
- Competent in using Adobe Software, particularly Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Ability to think creatively with strong commercial awareness
- Good organisation skills with capability of balancing multiple tasks at one given time
- Strong attention to detail, particularly whilst checking products at sample stage
The ideal candidate will have some previous experience in a similar role, combining both graphic design and/or product design. Experience in fashion and textiles would be preferred. This role is highly creative.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.