Freelance Jewellery Designer
Freelance Jewellery Designer – Premium Lifestyle brand – 3 days per week.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a contemporary lifestyle brand who are seeking talented jewellery designers to assist in the launching of their new AW18 collection.
About the Company...
The brand is well known for one product category in particular, creating excellent quality driven pieces where innovation and beautiful design is the driving force of the business.
The successful freelancer will work closely with the product design management to ascertain the criteria for jewellery and determine the best-value options to creating a profitable and desirable range. They will design an innovative range that has a commercial appeal whilst also maintaining the brand aesthetic.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design a jewellery range from concept through to final design
- Create mood boards and research documents outlining the development plan for the jewellery range.
- Look after the sampling and development.
- Create technical drawings and sketches for all designs.
- Create CAD drawings to communicate ideas and progress to product team & factories.
- Manage raw material research and sourcing in collaboration with product development.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Advanced Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign capabilities
- Should be innovative with a strong fashion awareness and a commercial eye. Must have retail, supplier or manufacturing experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in Jewellery design
- Advanced sketching abilities
- A practical knowledge and experience of production
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
If this Freelance Jewellery Designer role interests you, please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit your cv & portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org