As Designer you will be working alongside the Creative Director on the realisation of a modern couture collection and forthcoming Women’s RTW collection. The successful Designer will have exceptional creative research ability, combined with a minimum 5 years’ experience ideally in Haute Couture and RTW design working for a luxury house.
- Collection design in line with the seasonal range plan and creative vision.
- Undertake creative research around the seasonal theme, (fabric, colour, trim, texture, embroidery and embellishment techniques).
- Produce initial technical sketches that the Atelier can follow in order to produce a prototype.
- Sourcing of fabric and trims in line with the seasonal theme and range plan.
- Ensure all proto samples are delivered on time and signed off by the Creative Director.
- Ensure all signed-off product is commercial and meets price objectives.
- Attend fittings and contribute to fit comments with the Head of Collection.
- Liaise with the Head of Collection regarding any technical queries that affect the look or construction of the product.
- Designer with a minimum 5 years’ design experience for a luxury house.
- Degree in Womenswear Design for the luxury industry.
- Experience designing Haute Couture and Women’s RTW.
- Exceptional research abilities with extensive knowledge of fabrics, trims, embroidery and embellishment techniques.
- Proficient knowledge of Haute Couture garment construction including draping on the stand, to assist the design process.
- Excellent hand sketching skills.
- Ability to work effectively to tight deadlines.
- Dedicated, hard-working and committed, willing to invest long term.
- Flexible to work longer hours in the run up to the runway shows.