The Senior Designer will be working alongside the Creative Director on the realisation of an inspired Couture and Women’s RTW collection. The successful Designer will have exceptional creative and research ability, combined with a minimum 5 years’ experience in Runway RTW design for a luxury house.
- Collection design contributing to the seasonal range plan and creative vision.
- Extensive creative research around the seasonal theme, (fabric, colour, trim, texture, embroidery and embellishment techniques) proposing ideas for each design.
- Produce initial sketches that the Atelier can follow in order to produce a prototype.
- Liaise with the Studio Manager to ensure all proto samples meet the creative vision.
- Ensure all signed-off product meets creative, commercial and price objectives.
- Attend fittings where required.
- Liaise with the Studio Manager and Creative Pattern Cutters regarding any technical queries that affect the look or construction of each style.
- Designer or Senior Designer with a minimum 5 years’ experience in Women’s Runway RTW for a luxury house.
- Degree in Womenswear Design for the luxury industry.
- Exceptional research abilities with extensive knowledge of fabrics, trims, embroidery, print and embellishment techniques.
- Ability to drape on the stand as part of the design process.
- Excellent hand sketching skills.
- Ability to work effectively to seasonal deadlines.
- Dedicated, hard-working and committed, willing to invest long term.
- Flexible to work longer hours in the run up to the runway shows.