Sales & Merchandising Assistant
As Sales & Merchandising Assistant you will be working closely with the Sales and Merchandising team to ensure development samples and customer orders are processed accurately and in line with key critical path deadlines for high street customers including Arcadia, M&S, Tesco, Asda and Next. The role is working for one of the UK’s largest clothing suppliers and market leaders in multi-product womenswear. The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 year’s fashion industry experience supporting a sales / production / merchandising team in a fast-paced supplier head office.
- Support the merchandiser in managing the critical path for customer orders with the objective of ensuring orders are on time, flagging any shipping delays with the team.
- Attend buying meetings and assist in coordinating development and press samples ensuring they arrive in good time and to the correct specifications.
- Attend sales meetings, and relay meeting notes to the team following up responses as your experience grows.
- Gather information for make prices, lead times and minimums.
- Issue and raise Purchase Orders.
- Liaise with the design team following buying meetings to ensure proto samples are actioned in line with the critical path.
- Support the merchandiser in liaising daily with buyers, merchandisers, designers and factories to ensure everyone is up to date and any queries are resolved.
- Support the merchandiser in answering queries from factories, customers and in-house teams where and when possible.
- Participate in stock management processes to ensure orders are delivered on time.
- Data input on Gmor, JDE and flow sheets.
- Carry out general merchandising administration.
- Degree in a fashion discipline.
- Minimum 2 year’s fashion industry experience supporting a sales, production or merchandising team.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- Numerical mindset.
- Excellent follow up and completion of tasks.
- Computer literate and proficient in Word and Excel.
- Experience achieving critical path timescales.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.