As Assistant Designer you will be supporting the design team on the creation of the RTW, bespoke and bridal collections demonstrating exceptional research ability working on seasonal concepts, techniques and designs. The successful candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience in Women’s RTW design working for a luxury house.
- Creative research around the seasonal theme, (fabric, colour, trim, texture, embroidery and embellishment techniques).
- Sourcing of fabric and trims in line with the seasonal theme and range plan.
- Sketching design ideas and experimenting with construction techniques.
- Produce initial technical sketches that the Atelier can follow in order to produce a prototype.
- Liaise with the Studio Manager to ensure all proto samples are delivered on time and signed off by the Creative Director.
- Support the design team in ensuring all signed-off product meets creative, commercial and price objectives.
- Attend fittings and contribute to fit comments where required.
- Liaise with the Studio Manager and Creative Pattern Cutters regarding any technical queries that affect the look or construction of the product.
- Design Assistant or Assistant Designer with 1-2 years’ design experience for a luxury house.
- Degree in Womenswear Design.
- Experience designing Women’s RTW.
- Excellent hand sketching skills alongside proficiency in Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Exceptional research abilities in developing seasonal concepts.
- Good knowledge of luxury fabrics, trims, embroidery and embellishment techniques.
- Ability to work effectively to tight deadlines.
- Positive team player demonstrating strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Dedicated, hard-working and committed, willing to invest long term.
- Flexible to work longer hours in the run up to the runway shows.