Freelance Knitwear Designer
As Freelance Knitwear Designer you will be working alongside the Creative Director on the design of seasonal cashmere collections. Expertise in designing sophisticated fashion forward aspirational knitwear showcasing the use of drape, unusual cuts combining different stitch techniques and surface detail is essential along with the ability to create technical specifications following designs from concept through development to production. The successful knitwear designer will have a minimum 5 years’ experience and a compelling background in women’s contemporary or luxury fashion. We are looking to see both design flair in drape, cut and stitch detailing supported by technical knitwear knowhow.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director on direction for the forthcoming season.
- Design of aspirational cashmere in line with the seasonal theme for 4 collections of 30-35 styles.
- Range planning working closely with the Creative Director to ensure the collection is well coordinated and balanced and meets the requirements of global customers.
- Research, sourcing and selection of yarns and trims.
- Development of seasonal colour palettes in conjunction with the Creative Director.
- Ensure the accurate execution of designs at all stages of development demonstrating excellent technical knowledge of cashmere garment construction working with vendors in China.
- Create initial technical specs using Illustrator.
- Attend fit sessions following samples through to production sign-off.
- Freelance Knitwear Designer with a minimum 5 years’ experience working for a contemporary or luxury house.
- Experience working with cashmere and in designing complex knitwear styles showcasing the use of drape, cut and stitch techniques.
- Experience working from design through development to production handover.
- Expertise in producing technical packs.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience liaising directly with factories in China.
- A dynamic and flexible approach