Do you love fashion, gifts and style? Are you ambitious and focused?
If so, come and join us here at JOY!!
As one of the UK’s fastest growing independent fashion and gift retailers, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Merchandiser. This role will provide new challenges as the brand is undergoing exciting changes across both retail and its rapidly expanding wholesale business.
If the prospect of having a key role in the shaping of future strategy of this growing business, passionate about working for a great brand, with a fantastic product and a reputation for excellent customer service, we’d love to hear from you.
All we ask for are glowing skills and someone who loves JOY as much as we all do.
Responsibilities and Duties
Merchandiser – The Role
- Operates as a business manager with responsibility for both the retail and wholesale functions.
- Setting of budgets, forecasting and management of OTB for all areas.
- Weekly, Monthly and seasonal reporting.
- Formulate range strategy and build commercially viable ranges in collaboration with Buying and Design team.
- Manage department WSSI’s. React to performance, manage risk and potentialise bestsellers.
- Manage allocation and replenishment plans.
- Implement terminal stock and exit plans to manage out old season stock.
- Collaborate closely with buying and marketing teams in establishing of promotional calendar.
- Provide management with reporting and strategic proposals for investment to drive growth and maximise profitability.
- Build, develop, motivate and lead your department team
Qualifications and Skills
Merchandiser – Who are we looking for?
- Established track record in the role of merchandiser. Strong, proven retail experience a must. An understanding of wholesale merchandising would be beneficial.
- Commercially astute and confident decision maker with the ability to communicate across levels.
- A team leader with an ability to manage, motivate and work effectively within a small team.
- Highly numerate, analytical with a well developed commercial and business acumen.
Please note due to the high volume of applicants only suitable candidates will be contacted.