This multichannel, multi-product ladieswear fashion retailer is looking for a Technical Manager or a Senior Garment Technologist to work with an existing technical team to join their amazing offices in Greater Manchester. I am ideally looking for a candidate with managerial skills and a passion for producing beautiful garments.
Successful candidate will attend in-house fit sessions with Designers and accurately record comments. Furthermore they will ensure that throughout the sampling process all comments are efficiently passed back to the factories in a clear and concise manner. Role will involve working directly with offshore offices and suppliers.
Technical Manager – The Role:
- Managing and developing the technical team on a day to day basis.
- Building and maintain relationships with suppliers and all internal company departments providing a clear line of communication.
- Working within a small team of garment technologists team, alongside the Designers.
- Train and instruct the sites workers in methods and standards which achieve the optimum quality.
- Conducting daily fit sessions with the design team where comments are made ready to send to various factories.
- Produce clear and concise fit comments with supporting images / diagrams for Suppliers to follow
- Produce size specifications at each stage throughout sampling.
- Work with overseas factories keeping a good relationship with the suppliers.
- When required communicate with the onsite warehouse with regards to specific processing requirements.
- Responsible for a small technical team.
Technical Manager - The Person:
- Experienced Technical Manager, ideally with 3+ years’ experience within a textiles/retail background.
- Looking for someone with solid experience within womenswear fashion.
- Computer literate including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work to tight deadlines.
- Assertive with a positive attitude, good leadership and motivation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
Technical Manager – The Package:
The package offered will be dependent upon experience.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly