A Fashion focused and established supplier looking for a and talented Designer with development knowledge.
Your new company
Hays Retail are currently working with a Fashion focused and established supplier to source for a creative and talented Designer. The company offer huge scope for development and an exciting career path ahead for the successful candidate. Additionally they offer a friendly and welcoming office environment and a competitive salary and benefits.
Your new role
You will represent the brand image in your work and help to develop the product portfolio in order to drive the business forward.
- Experience in the Design of womenswear multi -product and have worked with stretch knit
- Aid with all Product development using your strong technical knowledge
- Develop new ranges and collections, keeping the customer at the centre of everything you do
- Compose colour palettes, drawing styles, patterns, and themes in line with the brand image
- Be trend aware and able to comprise mood boards from these trends
- Multi task and balance multiple projects and changing priorities
- Conduct market research and take research trips
- Be commercially aware and design ranges in line with sales information to achieve maximum profit
- Understand the customer and accounts
- Updating the range plan with product codes, descriptions etc.
- Maintain excellent relationships with suppliers
What you'll need to succeed
- A Fashion Degree or equivalent
- Experience in designing and developing Womenswear and working with stretch fabrics
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a similar role or equivalent
- You will be accurate and have a high level of attention to detail
- Able to confidently use Illustrator and Photoshop
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently with individuals of varying levels and backgrounds.
- Able to balance changing priorities
- Demonstrable Technical ability is a must
- Be looking to move into a fun company that you can grow and progress in
What you'll get in return
- An innovative and fun culture, with a welcoming and friendly team
- Autonomy over your work and career development opportunities
- The opportunity to work for an established brand with an exceptional reputation within the industry.
- Early finish on Fridays and staff discount
- Excellent opportunity for progression and development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly