Senior Creative Pattern Cutter
As Senior Creative Pattern Cutter, you will be responsible for creating toiles and flat patterns working from the designer’s sketch across RTW and Couture. This role requires a minimum of 7 years’ experience in Women’s RTW and Couture with the ability to work on complex styles demonstrating expertise in drape with a wide variety of couture and luxury fabrics achieving the highest standards of craftsmanship.
- Creation of accurate first patterns working from designer sketch or toile, carrying out amendments through to final sample.
- Working with the designer from initial sketch, propose the best construction and finishing techniques including seam placement.
- Produce accurate and clean patterns working closely with the Studio Manager and designer.
- Work closely with assigned sample machinist to achieve an immaculate garment finished to the highest standard.
- Ensure clear and effective written and verbal communication between design and the atelier.
- Create thorough construction details for each pattern.
- Accurately cost and calculate fabric consumption.
- Senior Creative Pattern Cutter with at least 7 years’ experience working in Women’s Couture and RTW for a luxury house.
- Expertise in working from initial sketch, recommending the best construction techniques.
- Experience working with a wide variety of couture and luxury fabric bases including jacquards, lace, silk georgette, silk chiffon, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in producing accurate costings and fabric consumptions.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Positive and flexible team player with a passion and focus for creating beautiful garments.